Post by snappysara on Feb 12, 2012 12:55:22 GMT -5
Just caught up with the latest #30 things. Loved reading them and getting to know you all that little bit better. Sandra, Diane and Nancy - great great!! I am on the case Diane (reading VM) Who is next?
hmmm ok 30 things about me and Moonlighting...here goes nothing [mind you english is not my native language,so excuse you for my mistakes]:
15 things about Moonlighting:
1.i think i was 6 or 7 when it started airing in my part of Narnia (read that as Bulgaria) the year was probably 1989/1990. i think i was the only person in my class who was allowed to stay up late and watch it. i've been a fan ever since!
2.The person who got me into it was no other than my mother LOL. She was a HUGE fan and i guess she needed someone to fangirl with, so yeah - thanks mom!
3.David Addison is the reason i'll always be a Bruce Willis fan! i think it's still the best role he ever played.EVER.it gave him a chance to show what he is capable of as an actor, how versatile he can be.
4.Moonlighting tought me not to be afraid to act on my feelings,because if you wait too long - you might lose your chance in happiness. it took some time and a lot of mistakes but i found my david! we've been married for 7 years ;D
5.they only aired 3 seasons in Bulgaria,back in the day, so i lived in a wonderful bubble of lies for a good 6 years untill i saw a rerun on russian TV, when i was around 16 i think.i've never felt so excited AND heartbroken!
6.I still think this was the best TV show i've ever seen ! the only thing i hate about it was the ending!It still makes me cry
7.i loved Maddies wavy hair, it still kills me that my hair is straight.
8.i finaly got my hands on Davids sunglasses this spring:
needles to say - you can't make me take them off!
9.for a good couple of years i believed Bruce and Cybill were dating. (i mean c'mon have you seen the show?how can you not believe that?) then i read in a magazine that they were married to other people and my little happy world was crushed.
10.up to this day no one can make me believe that they were fighting on set! i just can't!
11.just like goldie - my barbie and ken were Maddie and David ;D
12. all the shows i watched i compare to Moonlighting, 22 years later only Castle has lived up to my expectations! if you haven't seen it - i highly recommend it! season 5 starts in September on ABC. it gives me hope that ABC will finaly make it up to me and give me the happy ending i've craved for so long!so far the writers are doing a great job,learning from other peoples mistakes!so fingers crossed for a couple more great seasons!
13.since no one from my class was allowed to stay late and watch the show, i felt obligated to fill them in at lunch break, so i would stand up in the middle of the room and reanact the whole episode. it became a weekly tradition.
14. i loved David so much - i dressed up as him. i would snatch my dad's necktie and shirts and reanact episodes infront of the mirror , or pretend i'm having a conversation with him [i've never told anyone this before] i've managed to accomplish a pretty good Bruce Willis overall impression,to a point where for a good amount of time, some people in school thought i was gay for some reason ;D i still find myself doing Bruce faces, i just can't shake it off...i regret nothing!
15. Moonlighting is the reason why i now understand russian and a little bit of german, as i watched it on OPT1(russian) and tm3(german) and i just HAD to know what they were talking about!
1.as i said my mom got me hooked on Moonlighting and David. she had a pretty rough life, and she was so sad and angry all the time. the only time i saw her happy was when she was watching Moonlighting. the first time i sat with her to watch it, i decided i want to become an actress, i wanted to be the person to make people forget their problems, to make them smile and be happy again, even for just 40 minutes.sadly actors dont get much credit in Bulgaria,so i had to settle for being the class clown, and the person to go to when you have a bad day, i still am and i love every minute of it! my mom died when i was 10. so Moonlighting and Bruce will always have a very very special place in my heart for more than just the obvious reasons.
2.i'm pretty much like david. i guess that's probably because i was raised by men. i have two older brothers. i'm quite the tomboy and proud of it
3.in 1997 i went on a school trip to Paris, we had 4 hours in Disneyland, guess how i spent it? yep that's right - i watched The Fifth Element in Gaumont cinema ;D
4.i love TV shows, probably too much.
5. i have two kids. my son is 3 and my daughter will be 6 in December.
6.i dont like being too hot,or too cold.that's why i love spring.
7.i love music, and i find a way to relate every song to David and Maddie.
8. i want to learn how to make fanvideos.
9.if you havent assumed that yet - i'm an artsy person. i love everything that is art - acting, singing,dancing,drawing. [though i'm not very good at singing but i love doind karaoke anyways]
10.i dont have a favourite colour, it depends on my mood.
11. i dont have favourite episodes, i have favourite moments.
12.i cant do diets, gluttony is my favourite sin.[well ok,it's up there with lust]
13.i hate cleaning! i'm a very chaotic person. and kinda lazy too. but very passionate about the things i love.
14.when i was 14 i cut my hair short - BIG MISTAKE!never again, ever!
15. some of my favourite quotes are: "Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!" "I'm not weird - I'm limited edition!" "I tried being normal,but i got bored, so i got back to being me." "Sarcasm, because punching people in the face is illegal."
P.S. this would have been much easier if you asked specific questions...i tend to get carried away in my thoughts when i'm left to my own devices ;D
Enjoyed reading your 30/30 things, Virginia! My fave 'thing' about you & Moonlighting is the one with the informing your classmates on the latest episode during the lunch breaks - this is adorable! And about Bruce & Cybill.... you mean they are NOT together??? ;D
Thank you very much for sharing with us
p.s. David's sunglasses look great on you!
Last Edit: Jul 17, 2012 4:22:24 GMT -5 by goldilocks
David: you look awful... Maddie: yeah..well...and you smell awful!