Hi sweet Goldie! We were just saying that it would be great to put together a video montage of a few of the best "tag" (=ending) scenes, like the one from this ep, Man Who Cried Wife, Lady in the Iron Mask, etc....only trouble is that I have no idea how to do it!
"I don't want you losing any more sleep over me." "Believe me, if and when I ever find myself 'over' you, the last thing I'll be thinking about is sleeping."
Post by davemaycare on Jul 15, 2012 20:58:25 GMT -5
Before I answer the questions I just wanted to say that this episode was when I REALLY got invested in and rooting for David's love for Maddie. The scene when Richie and Maddie are dancing and David is looking so hurt and in love with LaBelle's If Only You Know playing just pulled me in even more than the earlier episodes. The feel of that moment makes you feel for David so much and want him to be happy with Maddie.
1. What do we learn about Growing Up Addison in this episode? What, if any, bearing does this have on David's "live fast--die young--leave clean underwear" motto and seemingly incessant optimism? - Well, David being the younger brother and baby I might add shows that he was probably the more pampered child. Well, at first. The first born is looked at as the more responsible one. The one to look up too. The second can let go and do whatever he wants. He's the more popular one usually. Trust me I know. I'm a first born and my brother was the popular kid. I was the nerd. Everyone flocked to him. I was the shut in. The older one has to endure all the annoying little things the little brother loves to do to get your nerves. Then if the older one isn't successful in life it only gets worse! Yeah, I can see how David got to be his cocky, playful self! Well, at least that side of him. Life did throw him few curves once he became an adult just like big brother.
2. Why do you think Maddie is attracted to Richie? Do you find their chemistry plausible? How does our perception of Richie differ from Maddie's? - I could see how some felt a little chemistry between them but honestly I didn't feel it much at first. Rich, attractive man, Maddie! Alarm bells ringing inside Maddie's mind "Come and get me! Perfect man here!" Of course we know better because he's only found the money and once Maddie figures Richie out her perception of him changes dramatically but I think she still has a little softness for Richie if not only for the fact he is David's brother.
3. Why does David tolerate (encourage?) Richie's flirtation with Maddie? And what exactly is fueling David's anger the next day? - He's probably used to this rivalry with his brother. This situation doesn't seem all that new to David. They've probably flirted with each other's girls before. I think he hates the fact that he's slacker of a brother seems to have a one up on him. Even though David has tried with a real job to get somewhere in life it seems at first his brother has beaten him to the punch. So why not take the only other thing that matters to me at the moment, Maddie as well?
4. When do you think Maddie's feelings toward Richie change? Have her feelings for David changed at all by the final scene? - She finally saw the real Richie flaws and all. Also, I think something probably did happen on that date after David left that was not so great! lol!
And, from the Speculations & Revelations department:
5. What happens between Maddie and Richie after David leaves the bar? - Well, he is an Addison and his eye probably wondered a little every now and then and I'm sure Maddie noticed but took it in stride. Maybe some clumsy Steve Urkel moments while leaving the restaurant and going to the car. Like bending down to pick something up for her and getting smashed in the head with the car door. One can only hope.