I'm early, but I watched this episode last night as I am going out tonight! I just love virtually everything about this episode! I've said it before, but this feels like moonlighting and where it properly starts. Bruce and Cybill just seem to have 'got' their characters here, it feels right.
I love the character of Paul McCain - I'd love to listen to his voice on the radio, even if the man isn't quite as wonderful as the voice.
Maddie is starting to yearn - she feels all discombobulated (not to mention stiff and tense!) and feels like breaking out of her routine. The next time she is like this, she comes home with Buck Rogers....
1. Is Maddie's mood just about her increasing attraction to David? Or is something else causing it? 2. Is Maddie one of the 'essed' words or is she just sheltered/lonely? 3. How cute is Miss Dipesto is this episode? 4. How many people fell in love wtih David Addison during this episode?!
Feel free to add your own far superior questions cats and kittens!
"You can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't make it a duck"
1. I think Maddie's mood started to change when David pointed out (or teased about?) she was in bed every night at 9.p.m alone, and she couldn't help but thinking about her life. When she listened to McCane's tape she felt he was understanding and interested in him. But I have to say I think she figured out who he was that rainy night and it awakened her.
2. I thought she was lonely the first time I watched it. But I'm not sure now because in later several episodes, when David leaves Blue Moon for some reason, she looks lonely and sad.
3. Yes, Miss Dipesto is cute in the dress and a very loyal, efficient secretary to her boss, David!!
4. I have to say that due to dubbing when first aired in my country, I hadn't noticed how much much attractive David was until the DVDs came out. It's shame...So I always recommend my friends to listen to their real voices. It's very different. By the way, I'd like to say thank you so much to the people worked for the DVDs!!!
Post by ryangie97 on Sept 19, 2012 17:49:35 GMT -5
Mul I think you are right about this being the episode where Cybill and Bruce really got their characters. I love this episode so much! I love the scene with David hanging on the back of Maddie's door the next morning after the bar scene. If only David had made the same offer to Maddie in Blonde as he does here
1. I agree with Marple here. I think Maddie started to realize maybe her life wasn't so full after David pointed out how he was the "only person in her life." 2. I think maybe Maddie has always been a little been repressed. Then...enter David. ;D As he pointed out to her in the pilot, she needs him to live and to have fun. 3. I love Miss Dipesto, esp. when she is sticking up for David. Too cute. 4. Oh my. I def. fell in love with David in this episode. I think maybe every woman in America did when this aired. Vulnerable David is irresistable.
Favorite quote: "Why not what for you wanna know who we're working for?" lol I think the dialogue really starts to pick up in this episode. Is this the first episode we hear their fine fine good good's??
Love David's closet line "We were just hanging out trying on shoes."
Also love the scene where Maddie bites David at the end. David's line cracks me up every time "I said bite not eat." lol
Gotta love the end scene too with their arms around each other. We see David's around Maddie quite often, but we don't often see hers around him as well.
Hi, ryangie! I enjoyed your comments and love it, thanks!
I have a lot of my favorites in this episodes, too. Love the boink argument in the car, drunk David hanging on the door, and his offer to 'Maddie's need'... All the comical banter between the two are so original and hilarious. ;D
And I think you and Mul have said the distinct point of the episode, which I think how Moonlighting works well. Brilliant!
And I agree that gotta love the last scene they look getting along very well, so lovely!
Last Edit: Sept 19, 2012 19:51:58 GMT -5 by marple